Tuesday, December 28, 2010

keep it movin'


I love a fresh start: it's like a breath of cool fresh air. I love a new beginning. It's almost like how I can never start a new routine on any day other than a Monday. That's just the way I am. I think I have really been waiting for the year to end so I can close this chapter in my life. Officially. Like, put it in the archives! Life is what you make of it.... even what you did not make of it. And I don't think I really made much of 2010.. . I mean I did, but not what I was capable of. Somewhere in between a horrible job taking up way too much of my time, trying to make sense out of a bunch of nonsense, getting myself out of debt, and other obstacles that seemed to find me- I really kinda just got off track!

It's crazy to look back and think about where I was mentally and emotionally this time last year, and see the growth in myself up to this point.  ... and now it's about to be a whole new year! You definitely don't get any of that time back. Everything that happened this year- good and bad has lead me to where I am at today. Emotionally I am more mature, stronger, and in control. Mentally, I am stronger, wiser, and I have a lot more clarity. I have seen how deceiving and untrustworthy, and just flat out lame people can be. I know that I am not that way and I will never allow people's thoughtless behavior to change who I am as a person. I know who I am, what I stand for, and what I expect of myself. This next year I am ready to push myself outside of my comfort zone and really get places. I have to stop trying to accommodate everyone else, and make sure I take care of me. Selfish? maybe...

The idea of 2011 being so close excites me. I've never been much of a 'new years resolution' kind-of girl, and I really don't feel like starting now. But I do know, come 2011 there is no looking back. I plan on steadily improving my running, my focus, and just keeping a positive outlook on life and staying true to myself. I'm serious- by the end of the year I WILL be running a full marathon. I know that not every day will be easy, fun, enjoyable, but I DO know that I can make each day the best it can be and make the best out of every situation. There's not much more to say about 2010, well there IS, but I will just keep it to myself. Great memories. Great experiences. Big ups, even bigger downs.... But I am hopeful and optimistic that life can only get better from here on out! I decided a long time ago that I would not let people into my life that did not positively impact who I am as a person, or add any sort of positive energy into my life... and, well, that is something that will not change! I had to let go of a lot of people who were heading in a direction that I knew I wasn't gonna follow. I am thankful for those that are in my life and inspire me and influence me every day. I am thankful for who I am today, the strength that I have found within myself and the energy I am going to take into this new year.


Cheers to a future full of peace, love and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment